Just Cause 3 DLC Sky Fortress will launch March 8 for holders of the Air, Land and Sea Expansion Pass, and will go on general sale a week later on March 15, Square Enix has announced.
The DLC features a new set of mission in which the eDEN Corporation, its Sky Fortress and deadly robotic drones present a new foe for daredevil hero Rico Rodriguez. Rico will have use of a new upgradeable, rocket-powered, weaponised Bavarium Wingsuit fitted with shoulder mounted machine guns and auto targeting missiles. A new Eviction personal defence drone and Bavarium Splitter assault rifle will also be introduced, all of which will be compatible with the existing game too.
"The new content will fundamentally alter how our players approach the game - we’re really looking forward to seeing how fans adapt to the new Wingsuit,” said Tobias Andersson, senior producer at Avalanche Studios. "The new story missions, challenges and gadgets that can be taken into the main game really mix things up, and we can’t wait for players to revisit Medici and start getting even more creative."
Sky Fortress will cost £9.49 to those without the £19.99 Expansion Pass.
Prior to the DLC, a new patch will roll out tomorrow, promising the following changes:
- Reduced initial loading time and in-game loading screens by 20-50%
- Fixed several memory leaks resulting in crashes
- Reduced a number of random crashes v
- Improved streaming of game world
- Some performance optimizations related to hitches and stuttering
- Implemented DLC system in preparation of the Air, Land and Sea packages