Before Shadow Warrior, developer Flying Wild Hog released Hard Reset to moderate critical acclaim in the back end of 2011.
The studio is now returning to its breakout FPS with Hard Reset Redux, updating the title for modern systems and PC.
"The world as we know it has ceased to exist," reads the game's blurb. "Surrounded by vast, hostile wastelands, the remnants of humankind's dwindling population live within the closed city of Bezoar, but the walls have been breached. As a CLN soldier, you are all that stands between the hive mind machines of The Sanctuary, and total extinction."
Redux promises an upgraded visual engine and rebalanced gameplay, plus new enemies and weaponry.
- Enhanced Visuals: The game has been updated to the newest version of the RoadHog engine and includes improved lightning and effects
- Improved Performance: Enjoy faster Load times, a new Quicksave feature and full joypad support
- Brand New Cyber-Katana Weapon: A powerful new weapon which provides an effective close range combat option
- Brand New Enemy Type: Various variants of a threatening new Cyborg Zombie now lie in wait for unsuspecting players
- New Quick Dash Move: Provides players with a new movement option in battle to help avoid incoming attacks and enemies
- Rebalanced Gameplay: The game now includes improved difficulty levels and better pacing
- Different Enemy Placement: Enemies are introduced differently throughout the game, and provide a new challenge for even the most seasoned Hard Reset veteran
A fact sheet released by the publisher also indicates Redux will include the Exile expansion content from 2012.
Check out the announcement trailer below.
Hard Reset Redux will be launching soon for PS4, Xbox One and PC.