SEGA has released a new patch for superb beat-em-up Virtua Fighter 5 on Xbox 360.
Highlights include being able to save online replays, adding gamer pictures to online battles and tweaks to the single-player portion of the game.
We loved Virtua Fighter 5 on the PS3 and the Xbox 360. But if we were to go with one, we'd say the 360 version, because it includes online play, a feature criminally absent from the PS3 version, and an improved quest mode. You can see why I gave it nine-out-of-10 in my review here.
Here's the patch notes in full:
* Some characters will now be able to select costume-specific pants in alternate costumes, for example equipping Costume A pants in Costume B.
* Replays of online battles can now be saved.
* One additional item per character (appear as "Downloaded item" in Costume settings/Item edit dialog).
* Gamer pictures will now be shown in online battles.
* After winning the World Tournament Final, it's now more likely that rivals you have not defeated will be playing in arcades.
* When someone joins an online match, you can now see their connection quality.
* Various fixes for minor bugs, including a texture bug.
* Easier sorting of rankings.
* Rematches in Online VS. Player Matches now possible even when the players haven't added their opponent to their friend list.