Limbo! PixelJunk Shooter 2! Hoard!
Sony has revealed PlayStation Network's best-selling independent games of 2011.
The platform holder divided its list into three categories on the PlayStation blog: third-party self published, SCEA-published, and those published as part of Sony's pub fund initiative.
Playdead's stylish monochromatic platformer Limbo dodged the competition to come top of the third-party self published list, Q-Games' PixelJunk Shooter 2 blasted its way to the SCEA topspot, and Big Sandwich Games' Hoard beat About a Blob and Joe Danger to rule the pub fund category.
Top 10 Best-Selling Indie PSN Games of 2011 - Third-Party Self-Published:
- Limbo (Playdead)
- Castle Crashers (The Behemoth)
- TestYourself Psychology (Creat Studios)
- Marvel Pinball (Zen Studios)
- Worms 2 Armageddon (Team 17)
- Dungeon Defenders (Trendy Entertainment)
- Armageddon Riders (Targem Games)
- Braid (Number None Inc.)
- UnderSiege (Seed Studios)
- Hamsterball (TikGames)
Top 10 Best-Selling PSN Games of 2011 - SCEA-Published Indies
- PixelJunk Shooter 2 (Q-Games)
- Fat Princess (Titan Studios)
- Flower (thatgamecompany)
- Aquatopia (Playlogic Entertainment)
- Hustle Kings (VooFoo Sudios)
- Eat Them! (FluffyLogic)
- Top Darts (Devil’s Details)
- Super Stardust HD (Housemarque)
- Linger in Shadows (Plastic)
- Rag Doll Kung Fu (Qi Studios)
Top 5 Best-Selling Pub Fund Titles of 2011
- Hoard (Big Sandwich Games)
- Tales From Space: About a Blob (DrinkBox)
- Joe Danger (Hello Games)
- Eufloria (Omni Systems Limited)
- Explodemon! (Curve Studios)