Despite its lukewarm reception, you've got to credit Sony and Zipper for sticking by its massively multiplayer FPS MAG.
Last week saw the release of a new Faction Neutral game mode, and now we're only a week away from updating the game to version 1.07.
Arriving in early August will be a number of features that the players have been asking for, plus a few surprises:
- A new "Happy Hour" Double XP bonus that's applied to the first hour of any player's gameplay session in a 24-hour period.
- Suppression will join Sabotage as a "Faction Neutral" gameplay mode, allowing any PMC to battle each other on any Suppression map.
- Faster download and patching code that allows us to update MAG with more content and bigger file sizes in a speedier way.
- Redesigned versions of the Flores Basin (Raven) and Alyeska Terminus (Valor) Domination maps that include new obstacles and repaired exploits.
- New lighting effects for more attractive and realistic environments.
- Various fixes to address bugs or glitches to improve MAG's overall performance.
Expect a full list of changes closer to release.