Rockstar Games' parent company Take-Two expects to earn between $1.75 to $1.85 billion during the current financial year - around 50 per cent more cash than the firm managed to pull in last year.
Up to 65 per cent of that is expected to be earned from the release of GTA 5 this September as well as previous Rockstar titles Red Dead Redemption and GTA 4, Take-Two predicts. The remaining 35 per cent will be earned from releases under its 2K Games and 2K Sports labels.
"Our expected revenue range assumes the on-time release of the titles we have planned for launch during fiscal 2014," explained chief financial officer Lainie Goldstein (via Seeking Alpha).
"We expect the revenue breakdown from our labels to be roughly 65% from Rockstar and 35% from 2K. We expect our geographic revenue split to be about 50% United States and 50% international. We expect gross margins in the low 40s."
According to Take-Two's 2008 Annual Report, GTA 4 surpassed $500m worth of sales within its first week on sale, selling approximately 6 million units.
The game has reportedly gone on to sell over 25 million units.
And CEO Strauss Zelnick expects the firm to stay in profit for some time.
"Looking ahead, we have an extensive pipeline of next-generation and emerging platform titles in development, including both new intellectual property and releases from our proven franchises," he said. "As a result, our current outlook is to be profitable on a non-GAAP basis in fiscal 2015 and for the foreseeable future."
GTA 5 launches on September 17, 2013. The title will also be supported by post-release DLC.
Source: Seeking Alpha, Take-Two Press Release