A network issue relating to the day one 1.01 patch for the PS3 version of Disney Infinity is causing the game to lock up, Disney has acknowledged.
"This is not a software-related issue, and we are working to resolve this as quickly as possible," wrote the publisher on the game's Facebook page.
Disney has advised players revert back to the unpatched game until a better solution is available.
"Players with the PlayStation 3 version of Disney Infinity are still able to play single-player and multi-player co-op modes of the game by removing the patch and turning off their Playstation's network communications."
To remove the patch:
1. Go to the Game menu of the XMB
2. Open the Game Data Utility folder (near the top of the list)
3. Highlight the Disney infinity icon with the characters background (this is the patch)
4. Press the triangle button on the wireless controller
5. Select the delete option
6. When asked "are you sure you want to continue?", select YES
Patch is now deleted.
To turn off network communication
1. Go to the Settings menu of the XMB
2. Open the Network Settings menu (last on the list)
3. Select Internet Connection
4. Highlight "Disable" and press the X button on the wireless controller
Network is now disabled
"We are working diligently to resolve the issue and will update you as soon as we have more information," concluded Disney.
Disney Infinity goes on sale in the UK on Friday, hopefully giving the publisher enough time to ensure the European launch doesn't suffer from the same problems.