Midway has announced a mixed bag of titles to be shown at E3. These include highly anticipated titles such as Stranglehold, and Unreal Tournament 2007, but also a number of children's titles, including Happy Feet and The Ant Bully. Following in the footsteps of the GameCube it would appear that the Wii is a popular choice for video games targeted at children.
"Our 2006 E3 lineup truly reflects our product strategy to broaden our portfolio and commit our resources to developing titles in a wide range of genres on all major platforms: handhelds, PC, and next generation consoles," said David F. Zucker, president and CEO, Midway. "From proven brands like Mortal Kombat and exciting next generation games such as John Woo Presents Stranglehold, to high-profile PC titles such as Unreal Tournament 2007 and games for the younger market and handhelds, this is Midway's most diverse and powerful line up yet."
Midway's E3 product line-up:
- John Woo Presents Stranglehold (PS3, Xbox 360, PC; Winter 2006)
- Unreal Tournament 2007 (PC, PS3)
- Blitz: The League (Xbox 360, Wii, PSP; October 2006)
- Mortal Kombat: Armageddon (PS2, Xbox; October 2006)
- Spy Hunter: Nowhere to Run (PS2, Xbox; September 2006)
- The Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar (PC)
- Rise & Fall: Civilizations at War (PC; June 2006)
- Happy Feet (PS2, GameCube, Wii, GBA, DS, PC; November 2006)
- The Ant Bully (PS2, GameCube, GBA, PC; July 2006 - Wii; November 2006)
- The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy (PS2, GameCube, GBA; November 2006)
- MLB SlugFest 2006 (PS2, Xbox; May 2006)
- RUSH (PSP; September 2006)
- Mortal Kombat: Unchained (PSP; September 2006)
- NBA Ballers: Rebound (PSP; May 2006)
It's worth noting that The Ant Bully is scheduled for release in July for a number of current-gen platforms, with a Nintendo Wii release marked for November. This points towards a November release of Nintendo's pun inducing next-gen console.