Blizzard will also premiere the WoW: Mists of Pandaria opening cinematic.
World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria and StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm will both be playable at gamescom 2012, Blizzard has announced.
The hands-on demo for World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria, the game's fourth expansion, will allow players to explore the starting zone of the pandaren race and try their hands at the game's newest available character class: the monk.
In addition, the world premiere of the World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria opening cinematic will be shown on giant screens at Blizzard's booth on Thursday, August 16 - the first fully public day of the event.
Attendees will also be able to take control of all-new terran, protoss, and zerg units as they experience the multiplayer mode of StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm.
Visitors to the Blizzard stand will also be able to:
- Meet with Blizzard developers at signing sessions throughout the event
- Witness some of the world's best pro gamers battle it out in intense StarCraft II showmatches
- Watch top guilds navigate deadly dungeons during live World of Warcraft raids
- Listen to a live orchestra perform some of the enchanting music from Blizzard games
- Step into the spotlight and participate in costume and dance competitions
- Take part in quizzes, giveaways and more
gamescom runs August 15 to Sunday, August 19, 2012.