Epic Games has announced the Unreal Tournament 3: Titan Pack, what it describes as a major expansion to Unreal Tournament 3 on PC and PlayStation 3.
Scheduled for a free release on March 5, the Titan Pack promises a substantial amount of enhanced features and new content, including new environments, new gametypes, the Titan mutator, new characters and the Stealthbender vehicle.
The expansion will also include enhancements to AI, networking performance, UI usability and mod support, plus the addition of 57 PS3 Trophies and Steam Achievements. The Titan Pack also brings client-side demo recording, major Server Browser enhancements, a new maplist system, plus mid-game mutator and gametype voting functionality to the PC. PS3 gamers will also receive split-screen support and mod browsing in addition to the previously mentioned Trophies.
Titan Pack Includes:
- 16 environments: Four Warfare, three vCTF, six Deathmatch, and three CTF maps - that are new to the PC and PS3 versions
- Three bonus pack maps, CTF-Face, CTF-Searchlight and DM-Morbias
- The namesake Titan mutator, which lets players overwhelm opponents as a 15 foot tall titan, or crush them as a 30 foot tall Behemoth
- Greed and Betrayal, two gametypes that breed new-found fervor throughout the competitive UT3 arena
- Two powerful weapons, the Stinger Turret and Eradicator Cannon artillery
- Two valuable deployables, the X-Ray Field and Link Station
- The Slow Field power-up, a portable version of the Slow Field deployable
- Stealthbender, a new vehicle that carries two spidermine trap deployables, one EMP mine, and one each of the new Link Station and X-Ray Field deployables
- Two new characters, Nova and Kana
- 57 awards attainable as Steam Achievements and PS3 Trophies
- Broad improvements for PC and PS3: Significant AI enhancements, especially in vehicle gametypes; networking performance upgrades; greatly improved menu flow and UI usability; better mod support
- Client-side demo recording, highly improved Server Browser, a new maplist system, plus mid-game mutator and gametype voting functionality for PC
- High demand PS3 features including PS3 Trophy support, two-player split-screen support, and mod browsing
You'll find further details on the Titan Pack maps through here. Look out for our hands-on impressions later today.