EA has released the minimum system requirements for The Sims 4 – but will your PC be able to run it?
Well, if you've bought a new PC within the last few years you'll probably be all right, with the minimum requirements appearing to be relatively low.
You'll only need a 1.8GHz dual core processor and 2GB RAM to get it up ans running, along with 9GB HDD space and a DirectX 9 graphics card.
But remember, these are only the minimum required specs. To get The Sims 4 looking at its best you'll need to wait until EA releases the recommended specs, and we're not quite sure when that might be.
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:
- OS: Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1), Windows 8, or Windows 8.1
- PROCESSOR: 1.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 Dual-Core 4000+ or equivalent (For computers using built-in graphics chipsets, the game requires 2.0 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2.0 GHz AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-62 or equivalent)
- MEMORY: At least 2 GB RAM
- HARD DRIVE: At least 9 GB of free space with at least 1 GB additional space for custom content and saved games
- DVD-ROM: DVD ROM drive required for installation only
- VIDEO CARD: 128 MB of Video RAM and support for Pixel Shader 3.0. Supported Video Cards: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 or better, ATI Radeon X1300 or better, Intel GMA X4500 or better
- SOUND CARD: DirectX 9.0c Compatible
- DIRECTX: DirectX 9.0c compatible
- INPUT: Keyboard and Mouse
The Sims 4 launches on PC on September 5.