SimCity Update 4.0 will introduce a new region and park to Maxis' hit city-builder, and re-enable features cut from the game during it's disastrous launch period, EA has confirmed.
The new region includes seven city sites and a great work site set around a "beautiful bay".
Additional tweaks featured in 4.0 include a new server display, which notifies players which server they're playing on while in the options menu, fixes issues with rain clouds, and re-enables leaderboards, region filters and Global Market prices.
The patch is expected to go live later today.
Take a look below for the full SimCity 4.0 patch notes:
- New: SimCity Launch Park, an exclusive new park just for our dedicated fans who were early adopters.
- New: Region: Edgewater Bay. Seven city sites in one cluster around a beautiful bay with one great work site.
- New: Your current server will now be shown in the options menu.
- New: More detailed rollover information on buildings telling player’s if their Sims received happiness from a park or from shopping. Previous to this fix, this information was generic.
- Re-Enabled Feature: Global Market prices now dynamically change during gameplay.
- Re-Enabled Feature: Leaderboards will be active on EU West 3, Pacific 1 and Pacific 2 at the release. We will enable them on additional servers throughout the day.
- Re-Enabled Feature: Region filters are now enabled on all SimCity servers. Players will be able to search for open games by Map Name, Sandbox Mode, and Abandoned Cities.
- Rain Clouds: Fixed an issue where some cities would not have rain clouds to replenish their water table. If you had a city with this issue, you will start seeing clouds again within a game day.
- Fire: Improved response time of fire trucks to fires. Improved the time it takes for a fire signal to reach a fire station.
- Mission updates: Tuned Metals HQ and Community College missions. These were appearing too early, making them difficult to complete. They now appear later in a city’s development.
- Solar Farm Great Work: Reduced fire risk at the Solar Farm Great work. Local fire engines were spending too much time at the Solar Farm.
- Messaging: Improved pre-requisite messaging for Trade Port, Casinos, Smelting Factory and Oil Refinery. It should be clearer on how to unlock these buildings.
- Graphics: Fix for flickering low wealth buildings on NVIDIA graphics cards.
- Education: Fix for an issue some cities experienced where commuting students did not return from a neighbor's city. This was causing a problem where students would disappear from a city in some cases.
- Tuning: Sims will lose a small amount of happiness if they don’t have a place to shop. Cities without places to shop will see complaints and feel the effect of unhappy Sims. This will emphasize the importance of commercial zones.