id Software has announced new Premium and Pro subscriptions for its free-to-play online FPS, Quake Live.
The Quake Live 'Standard' version is still free to play and includes friend lists, access to one clan, matchmaking, and stats tracking delivered through a web browser with over 40 arenas and five game modes.
The Premium Subscription, which can be purchased for $1.99 per month, billed annually, includes:
- Access to 20 QUAKE LIVE Premium only maps at launch with more to come. Premium maps are a combination of brand new maps and frequently requested community favorites from previous QUAKE games such as Aerowalk, Theater of Pain, Japanese Castles, and Realm of Steel Rats
- An all new 'Freeze Tag' game mode
- Exclusive premium level awards
-Create your own clan and join up to five separate clans
- Custom QUAKE LIVE profile wallpaper
- Match statistics stored for six months
The Pro Subscription, which can be purchased for $3.99 per month, billed annually, includes all of the premium subscription features as well as:
- The ability to start your own game server, specify a server location, determine the game mode and invite who you want to join you
- With the Pro Subscription, you can invite three friends with Standard level memberships to play with you in any Premium level map
- Exclusive pro awards
- Create your own clan and join up to ten separate clans
- Match statistics stored for 12 months