Fixes some performance issues and a few other problems.
Valve has announced the release of a Left 4 Dead 2 update, to be automatically applied when your Steam client is next restarted. The major changes include:
- Fixed performance problem when rendering lots of decals, notably when fighting tanks with shotguns
- Fixed rcon response not working on Linux dedicated servers
- Fixed matchmaking problem matching into Advanced and Expert games
- Fix bug that would cause other specials to try to pummel a player a Charger disconnects or reconnects
- Fixed versus mode results panel being cut off in transition stats screen in non-english
- Found games: fixed non-player entries drawing the wrong type of icon in the selected item name label
- Game mode selector on main menu now takes keyboard input
Left 4 Dead 2 is out now for PC and Xbox 360.