Blizzard Entertainment today announced plans for its fourth BlizzCon gaming convention, to be held at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California on Friday, August 21 and Saturday, August 22. In response to the festival's increasing popularity, the 2009 event has been expanded from three convention halls to four.
"We've been amazed by the incredible response to each of our previous BlizzCon events," said Mike Morhaime, CEO and co-founder of Blizzard Entertainment. "We're pleased to be bringing the convention back to Anaheim this year, and we look forward to this new opportunity to meet Blizzard gamers from around the world."
Attendees of BlizzCon will be able to enjoy a host of events and activities, including:
- Hands-on play time with upcoming Blizzard Entertainment games
- Discussion panels with Blizzard Entertainment developers
- Competitive and casual tournaments for players to showcase their talents
- Community contests with great prizes
- Commemorative merchandise based on Blizzard Entertainment's game universes
- A silent auction
More activities and attractions are to be announced and Blizzard will announce further details, including ticket availability and pricing, on the official BlizzCon website as the event draws nearer.