Castle Crashers, the hugely popular XBLA and PSN arcade game, is coming to Steam, Behemoth has announced.
The developer posted the game's system requirements onto its blog, as well as a poem written by art director Dan Paladin detailing the Steam release.
"While BattleBlock has been churning, there's another wheel turning! And that wheel is Castle Crashers running on Steam!
"It was accomplished by utilizing one of our programming teams! We always liked this platform so it's kind of a dream!
"I'd say a release date but the future's unknown. If I make a mistake I shall never atone.
"If you're in Germany this weekend please say hi to John. He is presenting our Steam game at Gamescom. If you're extra nice maybe a hands on!
"Schnell! Schnell! And Fare thee well!"
The blog goes on to list some of the features coming to PC:
- Integrated voice chat
- Steam Achievements
- Gamepad support
- Steam Cloud Support
- Local and online multiplayer
- Colourful hand drawn 2D visuals
- Over 30 levels plus five arena modes
- More than 25 characters and 40 weapons
- Intuitive combo and magic system: Unlock an arsenal of new attacks as your character progresses through the game
- Experience system: Level up your character and adjust Strength, Magic, Defense, and Agility
- Animal orbs that add different abilities to aid you on your journey
- Arena mode allows you to battle in free-for-all or team matches with four unique modes to choose from
- Insane Mode
Here are the minimum system requirements for Castle Crashers:
- OS: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8
- Processor: Dual Core Processor 2GHz+
- Memory: 1GB
- Hard Disk Space: 300MB
- Video Card: Graphics: 256 MB dedicated directx 9.0c compatible card
- Sound: DirectX 9.0 compatible sound card