Replaces yesterday's pulled 1.65 update.
Sony has released update 1.66 for the PS Vita. The update replaces yesterday's pulled 1.65 update.
1.66 updates and changes:
- A "Notification Alert" option will be added to Settings, so you can toggle alerts on or off
- "After 10 minutes" will be added to the time options under Power Save Settings
- An Arrow icon will now appear when PS Vita finds new activities in the LiveArea
- Caps Lock will be supported in the On Screen Keyboard
- Near updates at any time instead of every 60 mins.
- Turning off notifications turns off ALL notifications including trophy pop ups
- Background downloading now works when you manually go in sleep mode
- Percentage bar when installing a game
Newly revealed changes:
- The [System Music] setting in Settings > [Sound & Display] now affects BGM in PS Store, near and Sign-Up screens as well as the Home menu.
- When searching for location data, users now have the option to ‘Retry’ and ‘Cancel’ when a failure occurs.
- A progress bar is introduced for application installation.
- A direct link to PlayStation Store is made available for new applications that users may discover on near.
- Users can now update data at any time within near, provided they are within the same location.
- The display time of notification alerts has been reduced from 5 seconds to 3 seconds.
- Functional improvements have been made in the following games and applications: Unit 13, Gravity Daze, near.