Beamdog's Trent Oster has taken to Twitter to announce details of the upcoming Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition.
Here's what he's said:
- The level cap will be raised.
- The party member limit will still be 6.
- There are no plans for an Xbox 360 or Wii U version.
- The team is looking into producing a boxed retail release after fans expressed an interest.
- Alongisde English, Beamdog will provide at least German, Spanish and French versions – but would like to "do better".
- The game will retroactively feature all the new classes and kits added in Baldur's Gate 2 and its expansion Throne of Baal, and Beamdog is planning on at "least one" entirely new kit.
Oster also revealed that he's returned to kickboxing classes after a week's absence and feels sore. No pain no gain, Trent – after all, that's the Baldur's Gate spirit.
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition will be released for PC, Mac and iDevice this summer.