Facebook reaches 1 billion people milestone.
Facebook today reached a huge milestone – one billion people are now using the social platform actively each month.
Posting on Facebook, founder Mark Zuckerberg wrote: "This morning, there are more than one billion people using Facebook actively each month.
"If you're reading this: thank you for giving me and my little team the honour of serving you.
"Helping a billion people connect is amazing, humbling and by far the thing I am most proud of in my life.
"I am committed to working every day to make Facebook better for you, and hopefully together one day we will be able to connect the rest of the world too."
The milestone announcement is supported by a host of stats, including some related to gaming.
- Each month more than 235 million people play games on Facebook.com
- 185,000 iOS and Android apps are built with Facebook integration
- 55% of the top 40 grossing iOS apps are integrated with Facebook
- Facebook drives 170 million referrals to Apple's App Store and Google Play every month
And for those interested in some more generic Facebook stats. Since launch Facebook has seen:
- 1.13 trillion Likes
- 140.3 billion friend connections
- 219 billion photos shared
- 17 billion check-ins
- 62.6 million songs have been played 22 billion times that’s about 210,000 years of music
- 2.45 billion content items and 2.7 billion Likes are shared every day on Facebook
- More than 300 million photos uploaded daily