BlizzCon will return in November 2013 after skipping 2012, Blizzard Entertainment has announced.
The seventh BlizzCon gaming convention will take place on Friday, November 8 and Saturday, November 9 at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California.
The event will enable Blizzard's gaming community to meet, play, and celebrate their shared passion for all things Warcraft, StarCraft, and Diablo.
"BlizzCon gives us a chance to connect with our players and share our latest projects in a very personal way," said Mike Morhaime, CEO and co-founder of Blizzard Entertainment. "Members from all of our gaming communities have helped make this event bigger and better every time, and we look forward to meeting up and celebrating with them in November."
BlizzCon will offer attendees a chance to enjoy:
- Hands-on play time with the latest versions of Blizzard Entertainment games
- Global finals for Blizzard eSports, featuring top pro gamers from around the world
- In-depth discussion panels with Blizzard game developers and artists
- Competitive and casual tournaments for players to showcase their talents
- Community contests with great prizes
- Commemorative merchandise based on Blizzard Entertainment's game universes
- More activities and attractions to be announced
Further details about BlizzCon 2013, including ticket availability and pricing, will be announced on the official BlizzCon website in the coming months.
BlizzCon 2011 included the unveiling of WoW Mists of Pandaria, and closed with a concert by Foo Fighters.
Source: Press release