The much-loved Extra-Terrestrial returns home to save his dying planet.
E.T. has returned to video games in E.T.: The Green Planet, a new iOS strategy game from Chillingo in conjunction with Universal Partnerships and Licensing.
In celebration of the 30th anniversary of the film E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial, the much-loved alien returns home to The Green Planet. Once home, E.T. must save the dying planet by creating enchanted gardens full of intergalactic plant life. Players can use E.T.'s magic healing touch to breed new and exotic species.
"E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial is one of the greatest science-fiction films ever made and conjures up nostalgia for countless fans around the world. We are excited to commemorate this global cultural phenomenon by publishing an amazing new game," explained Chris Byatte, co-general manager and co-founder of Chillingo.
E.T.: The Green Planet Game Features:
- Experience the mysterious world of The Green Planet and its inhabitants.
- Meet E.T.'s wise teacher, Botanicus, and an army of Micro Tech workers who help you breed new and exotic plant species.
- Grow and nurture new plant varieties and watch your garden grow.
- Collect recognizable artifacts from the film and construct a communicator to contact Earth.
- Cross-breed seeds to create amazing new plant hybrids.
- Beautiful original artwork and animation brings the planet to life.
- Visit your friends' gardens on The Green Planet and invite new players via Facebook and Twitter.
E.T.: The Green Planet is available now as a free download for iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.