The VideoGamer.com Podcast: Episode 52
Show notes from Episode 52.
Hello everyone! It's Wimbledon 2012 runner-up Andy Murray here, fresh off a brief press tour to tell you about Episode 52 of the VideoGamer.com Podcast. I can't stay long because I'm still a bit knackered after Sunday, but I needed to slip away from the unrelenting gaze of the media and the VideoGamer.com crew offered to let me hide at their Croydon office if I wrote this week's podcast notes. I reluctantly accepted with a scowling face, even though I'm super rich and have an obscenely beautiful girlfriend.
People like to say I'm a bit sour but that couldn't be further from the case - this week I scoffed with glee at some of the discussion on the show, and I was particularly fond of the chaps talking about their favourite games of the year so far. It's more than enough to turn my frown upside down, and seeing as I've got to cope with how I've just lost Wimbledon it should definitely be enough to make you, the listener, happy. You know who's happy? I bet Federer is happy right now, the dastardly tennis pro.
How do we get our tennis outfits so white? It's a secret that I'm not prepared to tell you, sadly. I will, however, reveal that the stewards of this week's show are David Scammell, Tom Orry and Martin Gaston. Martin's had to work out how to edit the podcast this week, so it's a wonder it's even managed to happen.
What's on this week's show? Allow me to serve up a volley of information at over one hundred miles per hour:
- [00.08.05] - SEGA has announced an HD remake of the Saturn classic NiGHTS into Dreams. My dream is of course to win Wimbledon, but I'm fairly sure this game isn't about that. I won't play it because I'm training for the Olympics in a few weeks.
- [00.09.50] - Sniper: Ghost Warrior 2 has been delayed until October 9. The podcast squad wonders if this will hurt the game's chances at retail. You don't need to be Andy Murray to know that sniping-based games are popular right now, though.
- [00.12.25 - Final Fantasy VII is coming out PC with its own achievements and character boosters. Martin accidentally says it's coming to Steam even though it's definitely not. None of the rest of the team seems too bothered, either.
- [00.16.07] - There's a secret Ada Wong campaign in Resident Evil 6, allegedly. Dave likes to speculate that this will be flogged as on-disc DLC, though everyone else isn't too sure. The only DLC I'd ever buy is an expansion for either Top Spin or Virtua Tennis.
- [00.20.15] - I hadn't heard about this because over the past few weeks I've been super busy with Wimbledon, but VideoGamer.com's Member of the Month is continuing thanks to a partnership with ShopTo.net. Good work!
- [00.27.50] - Dave and Martin talk about their recent experiences with Battlefield 3, including Premium, Close Quarters and the player-owned server issues.
- [00.49.09] - The team combs over the first half of the year with contributions from the VideoGamer.com community. Games discussed include DayZ, Minecraft, Mass Effect, Trials Evolution, Fez and MotorStorm RC. Is 2012 the year of the downloadable?
- [01.17.13] - Your Questions Answered! None of this week's questions are about how I, Andy Murray, did not win the tennis. Thank heavens for that.
Even though the prize isn't nearly as expensive as what you get for winning a major international tennis tournament, Neon has threatened to insult my mother if I don't remind you about The 2012 Games Media Awards, and how VideoGamer.com desperately yearns for one. To vote, simply email firstname.lastname@example.org and state that you're nominating The VideoGamer.com Podcast in the Games Radio and Podcast category.
That's your lot, so sling your hook. I've now got to go on and reply to six hundred thousand Tweets from people who say I look grumpy all the time.