Gosh, is it that time again already? I guess it must be, because here comes Member of the Month – our monthly competition that celebrates positive contributions to the VideoGamer.com community.
We've recently changed the way this all works, so here's a quick recap:
As always, the prize for MOTM is a game of your choice from our partners at ShopTo.net, equal to or under the retail value of £50. As before, there are the three prizes on offer. The key difference from here on is that we want you to choose who wins.
Over the next week, we want you to nominate other users for November's Member of the Month. At the end of that week we'll count up the votes, and winner will receive Prize 1.
As a reward for passing around the good will, everyone who submits a vote will automatically be entered into a random lottery. This winner of this will receive Prize 2.
Prize 3 will be given away via the VideoGamer.com Podcast. The exact nature of the giveaway will change from month to month, but the bottom line is that this is the only prize where the winner is chosen by VideoGamer.com Staff. This month's competition will be revealed in Episode 72 of the show, which will be out later today.
To vote for the winner of Prize 1, simply send a Private Message to me via the link on this page. The vote remains open until 11.59pm on Tuesday 11 December, and winners will be revealed the following day.
Rules and Clarifications
- To vote for Prize 1 or be included in the draw for Prize 2, you must have made at least 40 posts on the VideoGamer.com forums.
- You may only nominate one user each month.
- You may not vote for yourself.
- In the event of a tie between two or more nominees for Prize 1, a random draw will be made to select the winner.
- It's quite possible that the same user might win more than one prize in a single month. If this happens, it's up to them whether they keep both prizes (or even all three). If they are feeling generous, they may pass one or more prizes on to other users of their choice.
- As before, our partners at ShopTo.net can only send prizes to UK users. Forumites from outside the UK can still take part, however: if a prize is won by someone outside of the UK, they can either pick a PC game with a Steam code, or else choose to pass on the prize to someone else.
- The game chosen by the winner(s) must be under or equal to a retail value of £50. Games chosen by winners must be available in the shops now, or released within 14 days of being contacted by VideoGamer.com staff.
- If someone says "stop", goes limp, or taps out, the fight is over.
- That last rule actually relates to something else, but I'm not allowed to talk about it.
If you have any further questions, feel free to post below and I'll do my best to address them.