A look ahead to this week's new releases.
Welcome to Heads-up, our weekly feature which gives you an at-a-glance run-down on the games you'll be able to buy or rent this weekend. Every Monday we'll pick out the best of the bunch, link to our reviews and previews and keep you in the video game loop so you have enough time to pre-order for Friday's post. Time to smash open your piggy bank so you can spend its coin-shaped guts.
Worth a look
It's going to be pretty busy on store shelves this week, with a decent handful of new releases to pick from. The lascivious Catherine is the most interesting release, but also likely to be the most divisive. More welcoming to the masses are EA's Grand Slam Tennis 2 and SEGA's sports compendium Mario & Sonic At The London 2012 Olympic Games for the 3DS.
Elsewhere 2K releases the follow-up to the comic-book action title The Darkness, offering some of the most brutal and gory combat we've seen in a long time. EA, on the back of a well-received demo, sends epic western RPG Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning out for release, hoping that lots of people are done with Skyrim and are after the next big time-sink.
- Catherine - Xbox 360 and PS3
- Grand Slam Tennis 2 - Xbox 360 and PS3
- Mario & Sonic At The London 2012 Olympic Games - 3DS
- The Darkness 2 - Xbox 360, PS3 and PC
- Kingdoms Of Amalur: Reckoning - Xbox 360, PS3 and PC
And the rest...
- One Piece: Unlimited Cruise SP - Limited Edition - 3DS
- Jagged Alliance: Back In Action - PC
- Secret Mysteries In London - 3DS
- Card Games: The Classics - DS
- Pac-Man Party 3D - 3DS
- APB Reloaded: The Boxed Special Edition - PC
- Victorious: Time To Shine - Xbox 360